Third Party & SELF Exclusion program
Crown understands that sometimes individuals may have difficulty in accepting their gambling problem or may be unwilling to access help for themselves. For this reason, Crown has a Third Party Exclusion Application available for family members or friends that are concerned about a loved one’s gambling. This application process enables family or friends to submit information outlining their concerns to the Crown PlaySafe Team.
Submitting a Third Party Exclusion Application is a very serious undertaking and Crown always encourages the third party seeking to have a person excluded to discuss voluntary Self Exclusion with the person they are concerned about prior to lodging a Third Party Exclusion Application. The Crown PlaySafe Team can assist and advise you on this. More information on Self Exclusion is available here.
Download the Responsible Gaming brochure here
How do I lodge a Third Party Exclusion Application?
To lodge a Third Party Exclusion Application:
- Obtain a copy of the Third Party Exclusion Application form; either via the link below, in person from the Crown PlaySafe Centre (CPC), via email email@example.com or by calling 1800 801 098. The CPC is open 7 days per week with dedicated Crown PlaySafe Advisors available to assist and provide information
- The Third Party Exclusion Application form contains a Statutory Declaration which must be completed by an authorised witness
- When submitting the Third Party Exclusion Application form, a recent photo of the subject of the Application must also be submitted, together with any other evidence that supports the Application
- If there is sufficient evidence to indicate that the subject of the Application is experiencing problems with their gambling, or that their gambling is causing harm to themselves or others, they will be contacted by Crown
- It is not a requirement that the subject of the Application is made aware of the Application. The Crown PlaySafe Team can assist and advise on disclosure options available
Download the Third Party Exclusion application form here
For further information on how to help a family member or friend, click on the following link: www.gambleaware.nsw.gov.au/supporting-someone
When someone experiences problem gambling or gambling related harm, it takes its toll not only on the individual but also the ones closest to them. It is important for those affected by someone else’s problem gambling to remember that they too can seek help. If you need support please contact our team on 1800 801 098, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Crown PlaySafe Centre (CPC).
There is no need to make an appointment, we are always available.