Self exclusion program
Self Exclusion Program at Crown
When you need a break from gambling, one of the biggest barriers can be self-control. One method to hold yourself accountable for stopping play completely is by opting into Crown’s Self Exclusion program.
Individuals can sign a voluntary agreement to prohibit themselves from entering or remaining in the gambling areas at Crown Sydney, Crown Perth and Crown Melbourne. There is also an added option of Self Excluding from The Star Entertainment Group. A Self Exclusion is for a minimum period of 12 months, with longer options available. These options can be discussed with a Crown PlaySafe Advisor.
Why Self Exclusion?
Customers may seek to Self Exclude from the casino for a number of reasons including (but not limited to):
- Creating an opportunity to stop or control their gambling
- To take a break from gambling therefore preventing the risk of increased financial loss and other associated problems
- To take a break from gambling to focus on other aspects of life such as family, work or study
- To support a family member or friend who may be experiencing problems with their gambling
Do you need an interpreter or have any questions?
Contact the Crown PlaySafe Team on 1800 801 098 (24*7) or email
Please mention your language preference on the call and email.
How to Exclude yourself
If you have decided that you wish to exclude yourself from entering the casino, you may Self Exclude using the following options:
When at Crown:
- Visit the Crown Sydney PlaySafe Centre located on level two of the tower, opposite the Crystal Room entrance
- Approach the Casino Reception Desk and ask them to contact the Crown PlaySafe Team
Online form process
Self Exclusion online form process
This online form contains all the necessary steps to Self Exclude from gaming at Crown Resorts.
This process requires an ID Self-Verification photo. Additionally, if you wish to Self Exclude from The Star Entertainment Group, you will need to complete the NSW Casinos Exclusion Form, both of which can be downloaded here:
Self Exclusion email process
To Self Exclude via email, please download, complete and sign each of these documents below, before sending them via email.
Download the documents below.
Print out, complete and sign the required documents for your application.
Scan the documents and attach them to an email sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application & Questionnaire
ID Self-Verification Photo Sample
NSW Casinos Exclusion Form
Via mail addressed or in person to
Crown PlaySafe Centre Level 2,
1 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
For other Self Exclusion programs
- For information about the Betfair Self Exclusion Program, call Betfair directly on 1800 238 324
- For further information about The Star Sydney’s Self Exclusion Program, contact the Crown PlaySafe Department or the Gaming Manager on duty on (02) 9777 9000
- For information about Self Exclusion Programs for Hotels and Clubs in NSW, speak to their venue staff or contact GameCare or ClubSafe
For more information on making change click on the following link: www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/making-a-change
Revoking an exclusion
Revoking (ending) a Self Exclusion
Crown will maintain the Exclusion until it is revoked in writing by Crown. An application to revoke an Exclusion may be made after 12 months of a breach free exclusion period has passed and by submitting an Application for Revocation of Exclusion.
Applicants are required to successfully complete the revocation process before being permitted to return to the casino. The steps to revocation include:
- Contact the Crown PlaySafe Team on 1800 801 098 or download the Application for Revocation of Exclusion here
- Engage with an external counsellor to support your control of your gambling behaviours and acquire a counselling report (details of requirements are set out in the Application for Revocation of Exclusion)
- Submit a completed Application for Revocation of Exclusion and counselling report by email to email@example.com or by post to Crown Sydney PlaySafe Gaming 1 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo, Sydney 2000
- Attend a meeting with the Crown PlaySafe Team, which will be arranged once your application is received
- If application is successful, a Gaming Resumption Information Program is conducted
- Once revocation has been confirmed to you in writing by Crown Sydney you may re apply for membership to the Crown Sydney Casino if you wish to do so
Approval of an application is at Crown's sole discretion. Crown will need to be satisfied that the person seeking revocation has appropriately addressed the issues that led to an Exclusion.
To confirm eligibility to apply for revocation and to obtain a referral to GambleAware for free revocation counselling please contact the Crown PlaySafe Team on 1800 801 098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org